Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mac, tell me a joke.

My new iMac is fantastic. I have spent so much time in my home office this week that I may need to invest in a mini fridge and a hot plate so I don't skip any more meals.

When I'm not killing droids in the Star Wars Lego game the speech recognition software is a great feature to play with. I can open and close programs, start my screen saver, switch between applications, etc. I currently have it set up that I simply say the word "Mac" before each command. It defaults to the word "Computer" but it made me feel a little too much like the captain of a starship.

The iMac can tell jokes.
Me: "Mac, tell me a joke."
iMac: "Knock, knock."
Me: "Whose there?"
iMac: "Tuna."
Me: "Tuna who?"
iMac: "Tuna the piano so it sounds better."

I did not say it could tell funny jokes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure you can be the captain, and you could leave a star date as well -

Brenna would love the knock knock joke - I'll tell it too her later

hope you doing well

Nikita said...

Computer. Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me, please :)

Nikita said...

This blog is no longer in use... head over to http://RantingRaving.wordpress.com if you'd like to keep reading! :D